The master collaborates with corporate partners applying behavioral and digital tools in economics and management. It also offers students the possibility of a semester abroad with distinguished foreign universities.
A highly specialized and interdisciplinary Master’s degree program, in complete connection with applied research in behavioral economics developed at UBFC and UFC.
- Develop the skills to evaluate research findings and to relate them to practical applications and solutions.
- Be able to identify and mobilize the relevant tools in an organizational and/or operational context.
- Be able to identify and understand the data required and approaches necessary to uncover and support behavioral solutions to a problem.
Semesters 1 and 2 (at the University of Franche-Comté, Besançon) integrate main elements of economics, competition policy, public policy, with a focus on the contribution of behavioral economics. They include studies in:
- Statistics/Econometrics/Data Analysis
- Public policy
- Economics and Competition Policy
Semesters 3 and 4 (at the University of Franche-Comté, Besançon) integrate main tools and theories in applied and public economy, in management with a particular focus on Consumer psychology and Business Intelligence, taking into account the impact of behavior in decision-making.
During their 2nd and 4th semesters, students are required to participate in internships or write their master’s thesis (written individually under a researcher’s supervision) about a relevant topic in one of the participating research departments.
All course formats are highly interactive and will be partly conducted as so called « project courses » in collaboration with organizations.
Some courses will mainly be conducted using experimental economics games and infrastructures by researchers of the team.
Pedagogical approach emphasizes connections with the corporate world (courses taught by professionals, consulting projects, etc.)